Love Goddesses are universally known to empower, bring peace and beauty into our lives by way of recognition of self. Often times the powers these deities posses are wasted when people think about “magick” for love as a means of deception, domination and manipulation. The basis of magic is not about control of others or even yourself. It’s about getting rid of the things/people/habits that do not serve you and attracting the things that will uplift you and open doors to positive influences into your life.
Activate your intuition for love.
Attraction is very powerful and when it comes to matters of love, it should be effortless. Relationships however aren’t so easy per se, but nonetheless should also be something that comes natural to you. To love and be able to co exist with someone takes a lot of work and understanding. Before you begin to attract real love into your life, you have to radiate love to the world. What kind of messages are you sending out to the universe physically and spiritually?
Physically it could be noticeable on your face that you’re worried or angry. So more than likely you’ll seem unapproachable. Spiritually you may have too many “guards” up due to past unaddressed traumas left by a relationship or situation, and can’t see when a good thing is coming because you’re blinded by guilt or anger. Whatever the blockages may be, you must regain consciousness of your goddess powers and manifest love from within.
Invoking the love and beauty goddess energy into your life in any way can help build self-esteem, understanding and acceptance.
You can invoke any love goddess of your choice. I usually call on Oshun the African goddess of beauty and love. In almost every mythology there exists a love, fertility and beauty goddess. Venus in Greek Mythology, Xochiquetzal in Aztec Mythology, Parvati in Hindu Mythology and the list goes on. Read on the history of each and see which goddess you connect with the most. You’ll begin to cultivate your inner goddess and recognize your unacknowledged potential.
Love Goddess Meditation & Offering Ritual
Pink or Red Candle
Herb Kit (purchase here)
Sunflower Petals-Rose Petals-Chamomile
Sunflower Petals are associated with the sun and its petals represent the sun’s powerful rays. Sunflowers energy uplifts your aura, eases depression and brings feelings of joy and happiness. Its energy is projective, which activates and brings action to any idea or endeavor. Promotes mental clarity and confidence.
Whole Organic Rose Buds promotes romance and love. Its scent instantly calms and arouses feelings of sensuality. Promotes self love and understanding of self. Roses energy helps harmonize and strengthens relationships.
Chamomile, when used for magic is very active and purifying. Chamomile helps heal and calm your emotions especially after dealing with a breakup or difficult situation. Its also ideal to help open your energy to clear communication and listening. Attracts abundance and prosperity and clears the mind of negative thoughts.
- Before beginning this ritual you must be certain about your intention. What are you looking to attract and manifest? Are you specific about what you want? For example, if you want a man in your life what kind of man are you asking for? If you’re just asking for a man then the universeis going to send you just that becauseyou’re not specific with your universal request. You must sit in front of you roffering and meditate onhow that man you want the universe to send makes you feel, take care of you and complements you. Otherwise you’ll just get a man with not framework of your imagination.
- Once you’ve clarified your intent, it is recommended to take a shower or bath using the mentioned herbs or simply a shower to cleanse yourself and energy of any residual emotions of the day.
- Once out of the shower, prepare your plate (preferably round to represent the earth and womb) and place the herbs around the plates circular perimeter creating separate layers for each herb.
- Pick a room where you feel most comfortable and where you’ll have at least 15 mins of uninterrupted time. It should be clean and smelling good as the goddess does not like areas where there’s filth, clutter or uninviting odors. So light an incense, spray your perfume or simply open the window for fresh air.
- Light your candle.
- Quietly sit in front of your offering and visualize pink and white light radiating from your aura.
- Speak with your chosen deity and express the things that are keeping you from love. Be specific and honest with your intention of the ideal person you wish to attract or simply mediate on your auric glow. See yourself radiating with beauty and grace. Invite abundance into your home by visualizing a peaceful and bright home.
- Once you’ve spent your time focusing on your offering, let the candle burn and leave the offering on your table until you decide to do as you please with them.
- You can carry in a small sachet with you to attract love and peace or you can sprinkle along the floors of your home for the same purpose.