If you’re a DIY skincare junkie like me, then chances are you’re going to love this tutorial. So while aimlessly strolling around Walmart’s skincare aisle, I noticed this box that said “DIY Masks” and of course I had to check it out. Oleum Vera is a very interesting company and wish this concept was around when I first started blogging 9 years ago because its so convenient and super affordable especially for all natural and certified organic ingredients. Looking at the box of ingredients I was so excited to see all of the ingredients included, and did I mention all Organic for under $20?
I couldn’t pass it up and was even more fascinated with the other items on their website. But first, here’s what my kit included:
- Organic Avocado Oil** – Moisturize dry skin with this luxurious, organic oil, which is one of the richest oil sources of vitamin C, E and provitamin A. With its hydrating and antioxidant properties, avocado oil is especially useful in regenerative and anti-aging skin care. 2fl oz (60ml)
- White Kaolin Clay – Gentle yet stimulating, White Kaolin soothes the skin while absorbing impurities and exfoliating dry patches. 0.7 oz (20g)
- Bentonite Clay – Clear your skin with this powerful, porous clay. Bentonite is perfect for oily skin as it draws out toxins and tightens the skin. 0.7 oz (20g)
- Organic Spirulina Algae – This algae help to fight skin inflammation and prevent premature signs of aging with its natural protein content. 0.7 oz (30g)
- Organic Rose Petals** – The natural oils in rose petals help to moisturize and soothe sensitive skin, leaving the face soft and calm. As well as bringing a sweet aroma to your homemade cosmetics, these petals are also high in Vitamin C. 0.1 oz (3g)
- Organic Lavender Buds** – Lavender buds, used alone or with other flower petals, lend a pleasant scent to your organic, homemade creations. 0.1 oz (3g)
- Eco-friendly Reusable Mask Jar
Natural Skin care fanatics like myself who lovesssss DIY recipes this was truly a deal! So many different ingredients and combinations of facials I can make it definitely was worth the money and a bargain. I say a bargain because when trying to get different types of ingredients (especially organic and all natural) you can end up paying a pretty penny if each ingredient is bought individually. Just the oil alone, which this kit contains avocado oil, can cost you anywhere from $10-$15 dollars at most health food stores. All of their products are certified organic and they pride themselves on being the leading skincare brand that promotes sustainability.