New Year Rituals are my favorite because it gives a sense of renewal and a time where everyone seems to be on this “new me” vibe which can be contagious and inspiring. I always take advantage around this time of year to do some sort of offering like I did this year with a prosperity offering & a purifying aura cleanse that year. Every year’s goal is to set the intentions for what you hope to accomplish. Most of us may forget this ritual (& resolutions) in a few weeks, but that’s ok because the point is to stimulate your subconscious mind to manifest opportunities and abundance for the future.
The items for this spell as usual are easy to find in your kitchen or local market.
What You Will Need
Candles (Colors of choice)
Why You Need it
I use 5 pennies because its personally my favorite number, but you can use as many pennies as you like whether its your lucky number or a number that means something to you. I use pennies to represent copper, since pennies are no longer made out of copper like back in the days, but nonetheless the representation & energy persists to me. Copper aids with conductivity, so in this ritual it will serve that purpose.
Rice represents abundance, never going without food, ability to provide food to your home and loved ones as well as promote luck and wealth.
Sesame seeds opens paths, unblocks stagnant energy that may be preventing flow of money & opportunities your ways. Associated with Fire, it brings motion and action to your endeavor. When using always repeat the mantra, “open sesame” to open hidden passages in your brain as well as everyday life.
Gold & Silver represents alchemy. Transforming, change.
Gold’s energy is vibrant and projective. I use gold for matters of the mind such as poor concentration and memory. When worn, gold enhances will power, courage and confidence. It brings motion to idle dreams, ideas and goals and encourages manifestation.
In this ritual its purpose is to stimulate confidence in you to attract and accept the abundance the universe offers as well as attract money and wealth.
Projective Energy is bright, outward, aggressive, active, forward, electrical. Deflects negative energy, overcomes inertia and creates movement.
Silver in this ritual symbolizes the goddess, the lunar glow peace & beauty.
Silver represents the moon goddess and is very healing to the physical body due to its conductive nature. It is purifying and known to aide with blood circulation, detox and boosts the immune system. It allows the body’s energy to flow as well as connect with energy of crystals, stones and your surroundings. When worn, especially when combined with a stone, this metal enhances your energy, promotes luck and protects against low and negative energy.
Receptive Energy: Attracting, quiet, calming, soothing, promotes meditation, spirituality and inward reflection. Grounding and peace energy. Psychic awareness, promotes love.
How to do it
This ritual can be done a week before the new year a week after or anytime of the year you need to attract luck and open doors for yourself. I typically set it up a few hours before midnight & at the stroke of midnight light the candles.
- Set up your plate however you like, I chose 2 plates to give dimension.
- With a clear mind and calm energy visualize what you hope to achieve in the new year. You can dedicate this to your family’s collective prosperity, dedicate it to a new job, whatever the intention, make sure you’re clear about it.
- Set your pennies around the plate and say, ” I will always be bountiful and healthy to be able to work and attract money”.
- Along a perimeter begin to spread your ingredients. I began with rice and prayed that my home and the home of those related to me never go without a meal.
- Now spread the silver & gold glitter. I did it opposite each other to represent balance.
- At the stroke of midnight light your candles. Here I have silver & gold, but any color that has meaning to your intent will do.