We often times forget that our bodies are actually made up of the majority of the elements in the periodic table. From potassium, magnesium, iron to even chlorine, we’re made up of many elements that are the building blocks of our bodies and our environment.
Sodium Chloride, or as we know it, Salt, is fundamental to human and animal life. Our body uses salt to maintain some of its essential roles such as electrical processes to communicate with our nervous system and muscular system. Since our bodies do not produce salt, it is important that our diets are properly balanced with the right kind of salt.
What Is Pink Himalyan Salt? Where is it found?
Himalyan Pink Salt is pure and hand mined from the sea. Deep within the Himalyan Mountains lay crystallized sea salt beds and considered to be one of the purest salts on earth. It’s basically excavated salt from millions and millions of years ago. It’s color can vary from light pink to deep reds depending on its mineral and iron content. It is used for all sorts of culinary, health & beauty purposes to heal, purify, cleanse and provide the body with essential nutrients.
What are the health benefits of Pink Himalayn Salt?
Pink Himalayan Salt is made up of 85% sodium chloride, the remaining 15% contains over 80 minerals which helps balance PH, regulate water bloat, help absorb nutrients, prevent muscle cramping, create balance and more. -Source
The Dangerous Health Risks of Table Salt
The only salt I ever though existed was the regular old Ionized Table Salt. As most things in our modern diet, this salt is refined and stripped of its natural components. Since it can be unstable and not user friendly, salt tends to clump, so anti caking chemicals are added such as aluminum so it can appeal to buyers,
So why Iodized salt?
Iodine is added to salt as a result to common illnesses many people were suffering of due to lack of vitamins and minerals in their diets. Since all other 80+ traces of minerals are stripped from Salt, due to health scares the only mineral added was Iodine. Iodine deficiency leads to issues with your thyroid, fetuses mental development in the womb as well as other related health issues such as goiter too.
The Many Uses of Pink Himalayan Salt
Food: You can begin by using Pink Himalayan Salt as a substitute to your regular table salt. I use it for all my dishes and also to quickly flavor things. The taste is a lot lighter and no so pungent as normal salt is. Has a very fresh and light flavor which does not overpower the flavor of your dish.
Cooking Block: You can actually use a pink Himalyan cooking block as a pan to cook! It actually holds up to and retains heat, evenly distributed throughout the block. Check this link out on how to use your cooking block.
Salt Lamp: I don’t own a salt lamp, YET, but I’m looking forward to purchasing one since finding out about its benefits. I suffer with allergies so its important I make sure my air is always clean, along with my diet. Salt lamps help detoxify and purify your air as well as reduce the irritants in the air which can contribute to asthma or sinus irritation. here are some other benefits to having a slat lamp in your space.
- Lowers Blood Pressure
- Promotes comfortable sleep
- Improves Mood and circulation
- Detox Baths to alleviate tension and promote cleansing
Neti Pot: Add to your neti pot to cleanse and irrigate your sinuses. Its antimicrobial properties purifies your sinuses of debris and environmental toxins.
Salt Block Cooking: 70 Recipes for Grilling, Chilling, Searing & Serving