Tea has seriously become my obsession in these past few years. It’s such an easy and convenient way to connect with a variety of herbs + spices allowing you to become more intimate with the healing properties of many herbs as opposed to just popping a supplement capsule or pill.
Drinking tea regularly has improved my digestion, bloating and curbs my sweet tooth. Its also a nice way to get a boost of energy at the start of my day as well as a relaxant before bed.
One favorite tea I’m revisiting today is Turmeric Tea.
Turmeric is native to southeast Asia and India is known to be the largest producers of this root. It is used for a variety of culinary, beauty& health benefits due to its potent properties. Make sure you purchase from a reputable vendor to make sure you’re purchasing organic Turmeric as there are many on the market where the Turmeric has been irradiated and processed chemically.
- Lowers Cholesterol
- Detoxifies Liver
- helps prevent prostate cancer (among many other cancers)
- Rich In iron helping improve anemia
- Strengthens the immune system
- Relieves gas, gall stones, menstrual conditions
- Ant-inflammatory/ Natural Pain killer especially treating arthritis
- Stimulates metabolism helping with weight loss
Skin Care Benefits
- Treats Eczema
- Treats Acne thanks to its Antiseptic & Antibacterial properties
- Helps with pigmentation related to hormones, sun damage etc.
- Lightens Stretch marks and Burn marks
- Improves circulation improving skin tone
- Wounds and cuts
- Evens skin tone
5 ways to use Turmeric
1. Acne & Bacteria Control Facial
1 tsp of Raw Manuka Honey
1 Tsp of Turmeric Powder
Mix all 3 ingredients together until you get a creamy consistency. Apply to clean semi moist face for easier application. *I suggest you apply at night to avoid staining by turmeric.
2. Detoxifying Tea
Brew hot Water
Add 1/2 Teaspoon of Turmeric Powder
Add 1 Tablesppon of Aloe Vera Juice
This tea will help cleanse your liver and detoxify intestines preventing bloating & constipation.
3. Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie
1/2 of a papaya cut into chunks
1/2 cup of Pineapples
1/2 cup of blueberries
1/2 cup of coconut water
1/2 teaspoon of Turmeric Powder
1 scoop of Hemp Protein Powder
Add all ingredients in blender. Drink for energy and pain relief from arthritis, boosts immune system and post workout muscle damage.
4. Roasted Veggies Seasoning
Select veggie to over roast (cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, etc.)
Follow one of these recipes on Pinterest for ideas.
5. Sprinkle on Avocado or Salad
Take a supplement.