Steam facials are my secret to clear, soft and glowing skin. I like to use my herbal homemade
steam recipe about every 2-3 weeks depending on how my skin is feeling. Regular steam facials helps with circulation, especially for dull complexions. Opens and cleanses clogged pores and primes the skin to be more receptive to masks, serums and exfoliants. Steaming also benefits the mind as you can use it as aromatherapy by adding pure essential oils.
- Prevents Breakouts
- Minimizes Oiliness
- Opens your sinuses
- Calms Nervous system
- Opens Lungs
Chamomile Skin Care Benefits
- Antiseptic (kills bacteria that lives on skin and turns into pimples)
- Calms irritated and sensitive skin
- Reduces inflammation & redness
- Promotes healing of wounds
- Reduces Oiliness
I like to add herbs like chamomile because of its sweet scent which is very calming for anxious people or those who have trouble sleeping. Chamomile helps calm inflamed skin, especially puffy irritated eyes. It can also be used as a hair leave in to naturally lighten your hair with the sun as well as a facial toner or mist. When taken internally as tea, chamomile helps treat digestive issues such as bloating, gases and constipation. Can also help with insomnia and nervousness by calming the nervous system.
1/2 cup of Chamomile
1 drop of Lavender Oil
1 Drop of Lemon Oil
1 drop of Argan Oil
Bring water to a boil with the chamomile herbs and transfer to your bowl. Allow the water to cool a little before going under the steam to prevent burns. Once you’re comfortable with the steam, place a towel over your head while facing the steam for a few minutes.
Herbs & Essential Oils to also consider for steaming
- Organic Rose Petals: Ideal for mature and dry skin due to it’s moisturizing properties. Also calms irritated skin and acne prone skin.
- Calendula: This herb heals wounds and bruising as well as treat eczema related inflammation and irritation.
- Vanilla Essential Oil: Antioxidant, Aphrodisiac, tranquilizing and relaxing.
- Lemon Essential Oil: Clarifies and nourishes skin, cleanses and purifies air and ideal for sinus congestion. Brightens mood and lifts energy.